Monday, June 26, 2006

Growing a Beard...

I can't grow a beard to save my life. My locks are down the middle of my back, and I can grow hair on my chin, but a full beard? Ain't happening. Just once, I want to have a '70 style beard, in the manner of Walt Frazier. Wait, he's still rocking that beard. Maybe not that one. But just once. All I get is a scruffy mess. A bit of hair on the side of the face, making it look like I have dirty on my face, is all I get. But the wife bought me a gift certificate for a shave. This is a chi-chi type deal, where you get shaved by a straight edge, special ointments, etc. Bet. So now I'm letting the hair on my face go. For the next month or so, I'm going with the scraggle look. I'll look unkept and a bit menacing, but I want to make this shave count. I'm getting the shave right before I go to the East Coast next month, so we'll see how it goes. Right now, it's just a bit itchy.

3 comments:

tia said...

So your wife sent you a "message" that you need to shave? LOL Aw man. Well, what about if you just edge it up nicely? You know, groom and trim around the 'borders'? :D

Lawrence said...

That's what I'm going to do before heading out to my Fraternity convention in DC. I'm setting up a complete metrosexual day. It starts with a manicure/pedicure (something the wife first gave me back in '96 and I VEHEMENTLY protested. 'Men don't get manicures' is said at the time. And then I got one. You can't get me out of there now.) followed by an hour and a half Shiatsu massage, and then my luxurious shave. After that, it's off to NYC for a State of Lawrence meeting with my agent and editors, and then about a week of drunken madness at the Alpha convention (with plenty of book selling too, of course). Not a bad plan, eh? BTW, for sisters looking to find a brotha, you could do worse than coming to our convention. Might make a great vacation plan. :-P

tia said...

Whatchu say?! Man, it's all I can do to evade these men HERE! TRUST ME--I do not need more fans!! LOL (whew!)

Your PL day (Pamper Lawrence) sounds fab! Looking forward to hearing about the trip!