Friday, June 09, 2006

Finished...

Ah, finally done. Finished. The last essay done. To celebrate, I took the fam to Harold & Belles for a fried fish, shrimp, oysters and creole potato salad feast. So much for the gym. Oh, by the way, the scale was off. Not 217, but 214lb. Still need to get my behind in the gym. But I'se done. Quarter ova. The World Cup has started and I watched Paulo Wanchope, my boy MK's cousin, score two goals. This, of course, reminds me that I need to contact MK. My brain is fried however, so I'll do it tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, I'm getting up at the crack of dawn (5am) to go watch England play at the Egyptian theater. I'm kicking it with some of my best buds from the film school. They're serving breakfast and football, so add sleep deprivation (to substitute for jet lag) and you have a real UK experience. Did I mention that the quarter is over?

On Monday, we have our Screenwriters Showcase. I volunteered to haul stuff all day before the showcase, which should make me nice and thirsty for as much beer as I can drink during the evening. After Monday, I shut down UCLA and concentrate on my book. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to my old friend, the manuscript. I talked with my fiction editor, Kensington/Dafina editor Karen Thomas, and she told me that she'll get to my manuscript in late July, which works for me. Fixing any problems, correcting the copyedit, etc. will be due in mid-September. For my non-fiction manuscript, the due date is still October 15th, which should be plenty time. I'm REALLY interested in when these two books are going to be released. Normally, books take about nine months to publication, so that means they'll be released at the same time. That means I'll have double duties promoting them. That should be interesting, and it reinforces my belief that I need to do a telephone tour rather than a book tour. Still looking for a publicist, but I think I may have a lead.

Did I mention I'm done for the quarter?

No comments: