Monday, June 19, 2006

Contests...

I'm not really big on entering screenwriting contests, for the same reason I'm not interested in entering literary contests. I write scripts and books for market, not for contests. My philosophy is that the art happens when I'm writing the script or book, but as soon as I turn it in, the marketing starts, so I put on my business hat. But I have entered two different contests. One, is the Final Draft screenplay contest. I don't know why, but I just thought I'd do it. It was cheap and easy, just like me. The other is an ABC Diversity Contest, where the prize is a year at ABC and fifty thousand schmackolas. Just as I write fiction and non-fiction, I want to write for both film and television. So a paid internship at ABC is nothing to sniff at. I'm still waiting, and waiting, on who won the NBC/NAACP Fellowship, but it doesn't look like the news is going to come quickly. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

BTW: World Cup update: Loved the Ghana win. England looked a bit better, but still not great. My favorite player of the World Cup? The Brazilian player named FRED. You've just got to love a player whose one name is FRED, on a team of Ronaldiho, Ronaldos, Kakas, Cafus, etc.

No comments: