Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I've Been Tagged with a Meme...

All right, my boy Dave at Man Bytes Hollywood has tagged me with a meme. So I'll answer it right now and then tag a few other folks.

ONE (1) earliest film-related memory:

My earliest memory is sitting in the backseat of my parent's car at the Century Drive In (now torn down, the bastards!) in Inglewood. We watched James Earl Jones, Diahann Carroll, and a young Lawrence Hilton Jacobs (to become Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington in Welcome Back, Kotter) in Claudine. It was 1974, and I remember this because my mom put up a blanket to block our view when Jones and Carroll had a love scene.

TWO (2) favorite lines from movies:

Sofia: Sat in that jail, I sat in that jail til I felt like I's bout to rot to death. I know what it like to wanna go somewhere and cain't. I know what it like to wanna sing... and have it beat out 'ya. I want to thank you, Miss Celie, fo evrything you done for me. I 'members that day in the store with Miss Millie - I's feelin' real down. I's feelin' mighty low. And when I seed you - I knowd they is a God. I knowd they is a God. : The Color Purple

Pogue Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.: Full Metal Jacket

Just have to throw this one in: "Shut up Donnie!": The Big Lebowski

THREE (3) jobs you’d do if you could not work in the “biz”:

Work in an advertising agency
Teach History in High School
Create a non-profit

FOUR (4) jobs you actually have held outside the industry:

Caterer
Internet businessman
Magazine editor
Newspaper reporter

THREE (3) book authors I like:

Walter Mosely
Langston Hughes
Martin Gilbert

TWO (2) movies you’d like to remake or properties you’d like to adapt:

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: I'm going to write another version of the classic
The Big Sea by Langston Hughes.

ONE (1) screenwriter you think is underrated:

Charles Fuller: A Soldier's Story. He is constantly asked to rewrite other people's material, but I can't get his stuff made. It's a crime.

THREE (3) people I’m tagging to answer this meme next:
I've got to figure out how to put html tags in the body of a message first.

2 comments:

Fun Joel said...

Hey! Thanks for playing along. :-)

Great choice on Mosley.

Contact me if you need some help about putting links into your post bodies.

Lawrence said...

Yeah, send me an email at alpha1906@gmail.com. Thanks!