Thursday, January 12, 2006

Change of Title...


I love good titles, and I think I'm pretty good at creating them. My books: The Divine Nine, The Ways of Black Folks, Friends With Benefits, have done me well. But the title of my Sloan script was bugging me. I'd originally named it LATIMER, after the protagonist Lewis Latimer, but that was pretty lame. Langston Hughes is as central to the story as Latimer, so I needed something better. Something that spoke to both. And I think I found it. MEN OF THEIR TIMES speaks to story I'm writing and now I can roll.

If you look to the right, you'll see that the progress bar is back. It was pretty dead and gone because the previous progress bar started asking for money. Natch. So I found some new code and voila! As you can see, I'm twelve pages in. We write a script a quarter (ten weeks), which means I'm right on schedule. I have no room for brain farts, and since I don't believe in writers block, I think I'll be okay. I may just divide my time between new material and rewrites.

Money Shot work is allocated to the weekends, and that's for interviews only. I won't start writing Money Shot until June, so that way I'll be concentrating on writing scripts during school.

4 comments:

David Anaxagoras said...

Love the new title. Sounds so very Sloanian. And I was reading Latimer as L.A. Timer.

I'm trying hard not to be insulted by your choice of progress bar code... :)

Lawrence said...

Man, I tried using your progress bar code, but it never worked for me. But I understood the simple html. I'm a simple guy. lol Yeah, MEN OF THEIR TIMES does seem Sloanian, doesn't it? I've gotta get going this weekend and get more pages done. I have Hal for my 434, so I have to be on the ball. I'd like to be about ten pages ahead each week, giving myself a bit of a cushion near the end of the year.

FizzWater said...

I suck at titles.

Lawrence said...

I think it's the ad exec fantasy in me. I think: what would look good on a poster? If it is catchy, then I'm good.