Monday, January 30, 2006

Beginning of Week Four...


Now we're at the beginning of UCLA Winter Quarter Week Four. And I'm at page 20 of a 110 page script. That means I'm a bit behind. Logically, if I'm doing ten pages per week, I should be at the end of Act I. But I'm still going back and forth over the first twenty pages, doing small rewrites of my scenes. This week will be a slight challenge as I have to fly to Houston for a Black History Month gig. It's going to basically take out two days, so I think I'll try to write some new pages after 434 tomorrow and get to the end of Act I by the middle of the week.

Black History Month is always a dual edge sword for me as I enjoy lecturing on The Divine Nine, but the travel is a killer. When you've traveled to over 300 colleges in six years, you tend to lose your appetite for security checkpoints, tight seats, rental cars, and hotel rooms. I always laugh when wannabe or soontobe authors get excited about the "author's tour". If I could do my tour from my couch, I would. But then again, I do enjoy meeting the different people at the various campuses. If you've ever met me, you know that I'm a people person. So I can't complain too much. I'm only doing about three lectures this year when I normally do about ten. But I simply don't have the time.

Tomorrow, my son and best friend go to their first Cub Scout meeting. That should be fun because he really wants to get a flashlight and go camping. Just as long as I don't have to wear those khaki shorts to meetings, I'll be cool.



Starting Weight: 226lbs.
Start of Week Four Weight: 217lbs.
Goal Weight: 190lbs.

No comments: