Monday, May 16, 2005

The Killer Marketing Ap...

Does anyone know what a killer ap is? A killer ap is shorthand for "Killer Application". It is what the software industry likes to call a program that is so good, it renders another application obsolete. For example, CDs made cassette tapes and wax albums obsolete. Well, I've been looking for a book marketing killer ap. And I think I've found it. I think I've found the killer marketing ap for selling books that makes booksignings look like 19th Century marketing (which it is). But here's the catch. I have approximately fourteen days to organize my killer ap, and figure out how to pay for it. But I like pressure and if my bet is right, I think I will be able to sell 100,000 copies of Friends With Benefits, and also set up a nice business at the same time. I'll talk more after it is done and ready. Sorry about being circumspect, but killer aps only work if you're the first to the market. And I'm determined to be first.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CDs made cassette tapes and wax albums obsolete.

Blasphemer!

Albums will never be obsolete. NEVER! Analog sound will NEVER be replaced by that digital crap.

Never!



(okay, maybe. but not by me)

Lawrence said...

Ha! You're talking to a person with a garage full of albums, including every 80s New Wave band ever released. LOL! So the wife and I keep them, but we never play them. But to sell them? Shoot me first.

Anonymous said...

80's bands. I just slammed James Winter on his blog for saying there were no good bands in the 80's.

http://jamesrwinter.typepad.com/northcoast_exile/2005/05/reader_request__9.html#comments

Lawrence said...

For anyone to say that there were no good bands in the 80s is just ridiculous. First, you have a plurality of good music in a multitude of genres. Hip hop was beginning and at its most vibrant. English New Wave met the video age, and were crafting great songs. And yes, metal turned into a huge Spinal Tap parody (think Poison), but even out of that we got Metallica. And best of all, radio hadn't homogenized into one big Clear Channel yet. So a kid from Inglewood could listen to The Police, U2, Run DMC, The English Beat, and a ton of other bands, without feeling pigeonholed. Try doing that during the 70s! After you listen to ELO a few thousand times, I think anyone would say that the 80s were MUCH better!