Saturday, May 21, 2005

Annus Horribus...

My beloved Manchester United completed a season without silverware, losing to Arsenal in the FA Cup today. I know most of you don't give a damn about "soccer", must less English "soccer", but I love it. But this year was different. Except for my alma mater (first half of my college career) Cal, all of my sports teams had a bad year. And even Cal laid an egg against Texas Tech in the bowl game. But as for my other teams, the Raiders stunk up the NFL; the Lakers imploded and missed the playoffs; and Manchester United finished the season without any silverware, were suddenly owned by Malcolm Glazer of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers,who instantly turned one of the most profitable teams in football into one of the most debt ridden. Well, there's always next year.

No comments: