Thursday, May 05, 2005

Finally Done...Finally...Finally...

The corrected Friends With Benefits is finally done and sent off to my editor. Whew! I'm technically late, but I was working my ass off to get it done by today.

Now, I get to work on the story part of Project Z. My frat brother is an MFA student at NYU and we've been partnering on various projects (including the ill fated Heist television show, which I will get back to later), but our best project by far is a black fraternity/sorority series we're working on. With Project Z, he's handling the script and I'm doing the story. Our first episode is the bomb, and I'm confident that we have a series that can be attractive for a network, and find a wide demo audience.

Working on the story part tends to be easy for me, but it takes some time. I have to visualize where I want my characters to go, and why. It's hard to explain, but they always come out cool in the end.

After this, I'm probably going to take a week off from writing. I have a Divine Nine lecture date at CSUDH next week, and then I'll get back on Project X.

Also, I'm going to start working on a documentary proposal, with the help of UCLA MFA student, M.K. Asante.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just listening to the amount of time and effort that goes into producing a publication....wow!!!

I know it must get very monotonous reading, editing, proofing etc. Still, your reader wants you to give us the very best you can.

Look forward to reading it and your future pursuits.

voiceanpen
'Tom'
May 5, 2005

Lawrence said...

Thanks Frat! And that's not it. There's nothing better than knowing that you're probably making close to minimum wage when you get done!