Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I Don't Know...

I don't know about other writers, but there comes a point where I get tired of reading my manuscript. I mean, I WROTE the damn thing, so I know the story, the characters, and how it ends. And when you have to read it, and read it, and read it, over and over, it becomes a bit too much. I love my story and I'm proud of my story. But damn, I could use a rest from it. I'm still copyediting, and it looks like I'll be up all night. I'll email the finished copy to my editor in the morning and then FedEx her a hard copy. I'm burnt and craving milk chocolate.

2 comments:

LaEquis said...

I know what you mean, brother. My book's coming out in June & after months of personal editing (before submission), followed by three editorial reviews and copywriting, I don't know if I'll have the energy to read excerpts from it at book signings. It isn't that I don't like my story, or that I'm having regrets about what I wrote, but it's like when your kid learns a new song and he wants to keep singing it, and singing it. He sounds cute, but you want him to give it a rest.

Lawrence said...

Exactly. But here's the deal. From past experience, I know I'll have to re-read my own book over the summer because at a signing, someone will say, "On page so and so, your character did this..." I should know what they did. lol