Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Waiting...

I'm still waiting on the Books-A-Million rep to get back to me. I hope that it happens soon because I need to start get the wheels started on my Friends With Benefits promotion. To give you a vague idea of what the promotion is, I'm using the concept of a flash mob to sell my book. A flash mob is when a large group of people gather in one place suddenly and unexpectedly. Well I'm trying to do the same thing when it comes to people buying my book. I want them to gather in one place for about 24 hours, buy my book in the thousands, and do good at the same time. I think I've figured out how to do it, but putting the parts together is the task.

On another front, I have three schools who are trying to book me for Divine Nine lectures. I give students a lot of credit, because they will really work to find funding for programs they believe in. It just plays havoc with my travel schedule because they often have to wait until the last minute to find out if they can bring me.

Added about a thousand more words to Project X. The story is still flowing.

My agent Manie said that I'm due my backend check for Friends With Benefits in about two weeks, so that rocks. It ain't much, but it's cool.

No comments: