Saturday, April 30, 2005

Today...Motorcycles...

Today I took day two of my three day Motorcycle Safety Course, and it was great. We putted around on our bikes, but it felt like we were doing something. The first class was on Friday at 6:30-9:30pm, but this mornings class started at 6:30am. It takes a good hour with traffic for me to roll to the class, so I have been operating on two hours sleep. And tomorrow, we meet again at 6:30am for four more hours of riding. But after that, I take a test and hopefully, I'll pass. And then it's on to riding for real...

I've looked at the first page of FWB and that's about it. I think I can do all of the changes in less than two days, and seeing that I'll be bushed tomorrow, it looks more and more like I'll really work on it all day on Monday and then finish on Tuesday. What sucks is that I'm trying to give up chocolate and get in shape. I love milk chocolate like others love coffee and cigarettes. So doing this is very, very, hard. With the copyedit, I would normally go to Magic Johnson's Starbucks, find a spot with a cord, buy an endless supply of chocolate frappicinos (sp?) and finish the edit while watching the peeps. But I can't go in there now because I just can't be near chocolate. I gotta get in shape for when FWB is published, because if you're going to brand yourself, you don't want people walking away thinking that the book was cool, but did you see that brothers physique. Double uncool. So no Coffee Bean (my favorite are the chocolate ice blendeds), Starbucks, or king sized snickers.

No comments: