Wednesday, April 06, 2005

My Lakers Officially Suck...

Now out of the playoffs, can I vent a bit about my Lakers? I've followed the Lakers since I was four years old, when I had a Tommy Hawkins, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor poster hanging over my crib. But Jerry Buss' decision to get rid of Shaq and Phil (if we are to believe his words that Kobe had nothing to do with it!) goes down as one of the most stupid moves ever. But of course, old Jerry Buss will leave this summer for Italy, sipping wine like always, while other owners are wheeling and dealing. Thanks Jerry for taking a championship team and turning them into the Clippers (a team I refuse to believe actually plays in Los Angeles). Sorry, just had to vent!

5 comments:

VAR said...

Hey Lawrence..

This could've been posted a long time ago.. The Lakers, Buss, Kobe, Mitch all made the worst decision ever by getting rid of Shaq. I believe things could've been worked out. They could've made a run for about three more years and then go separate ways. I guess they wanna feel closer to the Clippers..lol...

Great Blog you have here and it's especially great to checkout the journey of a creative brotha in LA/Inglewood. I'm in Van Nuys but you'll quite often find me hanging out at Simply Wholesomes or the Starbucks in Ladera..lol.. Or ummm.. Starz? Ooops... lol... be well..
WarmBlessings..
Anthony *

Lawrence said...

Hey Anthony,

I'll bet you that the day after the season ends, Mitch Kupchak is fired, and Phil is hired. Yeah, they could have worked it out, but Kobe was pulling strings.

I haven't been by Magic's Starbucks in eons, but it is a pretty popular spot for writers. I used to go there when I was editing my book. Gotta go there after I get back from the Bay Area. Thanks for the email!

VAR said...

Hmm..Phil as General Manager and coach perhaps? That would be cool. I hope Kobe stays out of the way and just plays basketball.

Lawrence said...

Phil is the only person who can make that happen. Kobe won't have a choice if Phil holds all of the keys.

VAR said...

Phil was at the game tonight so perhaps your prediction is about to happen! :-)