Monday, April 25, 2005

Cool Brother...

A cool brother from the UCLA M.F.A program reached out to me. His name is M.K. Asante, and he is an award winning filmmaker and is also an author. I'm looking forward to meeting with him in May because his documentary 500 Years Later is similar to my second book, The Ways of Black Folks: A Year in the Life of a People. We are both interested in the African Diaspora, and it'll be nice to talk to someone who has had the same experiences.

As for the Savoy article, I'm damn near done. I put off writing it this weekend because I needed two more interviews. I got one, but the other is still a possibility. I'll write the first draft tonight, and then see if I get that last interview. If not, I have enough.

Five things I don't understand...

1. The popularity of Paris Hilton: Did I miss something? Did she do something noteworthy or meritworthy? Or is she famous for being famous? Every time I see her on television getting coverage, I think about all of the starving artists out there who are doing important work, and if just for a two minute segment on Entertainment Tonight, or The Insider, or Access Hollywood, could get that big break they've been looking for. Instead, we give that time to a talentless narcissist who will never add anything to this world except stupidity.

#2 Tomorrow...

No comments: