Friday, April 22, 2005

Savoy Article Interviews Done...

I'm pretty much finished with my Savoy interviews. All of the subjects were great, and gave really good quotes. Usually during an assignment, you run into an ass who's only doing the interview because their publicist demands that they do it. But not this time. I got good quotes from different perspectives. I'll write the first draft tomorrow, and then see if I need additional interviews.

Haven't worked on Project X beyond add a couple of sentences. I may try to work a bit on it tonight.

Everything else is on the shelf. On Monday, I will call the Books-A-Million one last time. If I don't get a response, then I'm going to assume she's not interested. I have another strategy. I'm contacting Red Bull.

Right now, I'm setting up a September booksigning in Los Angeles at Eso Won. I've contacted the UCLA Black Alumni Association about co-sponsoring the signing with my fraternity chapter. That's a start.

No comments: