Thursday, April 14, 2005

The African Diaspora...

I am very interested in the African Diaspora, particularly in the similarities and differences between the experiences of African Americans and black Britains (meaning those from the West Indies, and not the universal "black" which is used to include Asians and other minorities in the UK). So you will see me post links to writers from both sides of the pond who may illuminate our experiences. Check out the links to the right==========> for poet Benjamin Zephaniah, who eloquently turned down an Order of the British Empire honor, and Andrea Levy, a writer I'm meaning to read.

Also, we can add Project B, which is a freelance magazine article I have to complete in the next two weeks for Savoy magazine. It's 1500 words, which is not that bad, but I need to get my contacts and interviews done in the next few days. Other than that, it should be a snap.

No comments: