Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Today...

I did absolutely NOTHING important...and LOVED it! I watched England beat Uruguay in a friendly, prepping me for my World Cup 2006 marathon. Turned in my Showcase ap. Went to Roger Dunn golf and bought my first new set of clubs since 1992. Decided to go big baller with Callaway Big Bertha Fusions with Nippon shafts and King Cobra woods. May not make me better, but damn I'll look good. Now I'm looking for a custom made golf bag with either the Alpha shield or simply A-PHI-A on it. If anyone knows where to get one, please holla! Decided that it was time to sell the Dodge Ram cause gas is kicking my behind. I'm going to stay in the Chrysler fam with a Jeep. Went to Louise's and ate a nice blackened salmon. Feelin' good at 211lb, about five pounds from the goal weight. Life is good, but tiring.

3 comments:

David Anaxagoras said...

Glad to hear you got some down time! Don't know how you can keep that pace up, but you certainly deserve a "you" day. Speaking of transportation, how's the knee?

Lawrence said...

The knee is actually doing quite well, thanks! I've been on the lifecycle at the Wooden Center and it tend to stiffen up, but that's just because I'm gettin' old. lol

Lawrence said...

I fully intend on pitching! As for the clubs, well I need to get back on the course. I hadn't swung a club anywhere for over a year, and played the VA par 3 course last week. It showed. No swing, no accuracy, no distance control. Other than those things, it went well. I'm going to try to get my swing going during this spring break at the par 3 and the driving range, and then get back out on a real course so I can play that bogie/double bogie golf that I'm so famous for.