Thursday, March 30, 2006

Savoy Redux...


It's been damn near a year, and Hermene Hartman at Savoy magazine has still not paid her writers and photographers. And so where I was patient before, partly because Savoy was a black owned business, and I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, I finally decided to take further action. When I did my research on Ms. Hartman, I was astonished to find out that she was the president of ABLE, a black business organization in Chicago. ABLE has some of the most respectable black businesses in the country, and I couldn't imagine that they knew they had a president who either couldn't pay her bills, or was unwilling to pay her bills. So I emailed them and explained the situation. All sixty four of them. Along with the editors of the Chicago Sun-Times. And the Chicago Defender. And Crains Chicago business magazine. Ms. Hartman should be held accountable for not paying for work done, and we as writers should not have the burden waiting for payment.

1 comment:

Sangindiva said...

Ahhh the power of the pen...
gets em everytime!!!
CLASSIC!