Thursday, March 23, 2006

Mad Hectic...

Today is going to be mad hectic. I'm supposed to pick up my Jeep today. Cool, 'cause being without your own car in LA sucks. I've been rolling the wife's Jeep Liberty, but it's all girly. Also, today is the deadline for submitting material for various fellowships and prizes for screenwriting. So of course I waited until the last minute to fill out the applications. I need to get that together and submitted by 4pm. I have to finish reading and giving notes to two classmates on their scripts. They've already given me WONDERFUL notes on mine, so I want to make sure that I read their scripts carefully. Reading scripts doesn't come naturally to me, so I have to gut it out. I'm also polishing a 30 page sitcom pilot that I'm submitting for another contest. I think I may be done there, so that's cool.

On Monday, I'm going to restart the Money Shot research. Actually, that's not true. I'm going to rethink the book proposal and replot out the chapters. The way I have it now, the book is too anthropological. I need to give it some umph. It'll come to me because I try not to force it.

On the personal front, I haven't been to the gym in a week (because of the car situation and a gang of stuff to do), but I haven't gained any weight. I'll start back this weekend. My son is really starting to get into reading, which is wonderful because that diabolically terrible school Warner Elementary tried its best to undereducate him. It's amazing what they'll try to do to little black boys. I'd always heard about bias and attitudes toward them, and of course, I was once a little black boy, so I have my own experience, but until you have a little black boy in the school system, it doesn't hit home. I'm now a paranoid when it comes to my son's education.

No comments: