Saturday, March 18, 2006

Change of Plans...

I was going to lay on my behind for two weeks, and let my brain rest, but there's been a change in plans. I'm going to do some work, and that's pretty much what I'd end up doing anyway. I'm pretty much an adult ADHD case when it comes to sitting still, so just vegging is not in my nature.

My boy MK Asante, the most together 24 year old I've EVER met, has bought a Canon HD camera, so we're about to be 'bout it bout it (by the way, why did I see Master P in Ralphs the other day? Did I mention that?). We're about to shoot a project I'd been tossing around for months called BlackCafeLit. We're going to shop it to BET (there has to be hope for that station) and see where it goes. If not BET, then we have a TON of options. So that's next week.

On the writing tip, I have a comedy pilot script that I need to write for a contest. I'm actually excited about writing this because I think I have a funny premise. But I can't really say what it is just yet.

For my 434, I'm going to write SLAVERYLAND, the project I was previously writing as a novel. It works better as a script, but I'm still trying to figure out the tone. I have two weeks to do that.

Since the contract for Money Shot (Non Fiction Version) came in, it's time to devote some time to the book. So that's another thing.

Lastly, I'm going to try to rewrite MEN OF THEIR TIMES in the next twelve weeks. I want two scripts ready to shop by June.

So that's that. But I'm still going to sleep a lot.

BTW, weight update:

I've pretty much plateaued at 211lbs, but I really expected that. I always plateau there. My diet (and I mean diet as what I eat and not a weight loss specialty) is becoming very natural. I haven't had chocolate in eons, and I'm still working out at the Wooden Center about three days a week. I'm going to add basketball games to it to get me to the 205lbs. target weight. But with a loss of 15lbs in ten weeks, the belly is no longer swelly, and the face has edges to it versus being round and fat. But I still need to kill those last six pounds. As my girl Fresh at Crunk and Disorderly likes to say (quote Diddy), at 40 years old, I need to "preserve my sexy". :-)

No comments: