Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Stage One of Marketing...FWB...

Have a cohesive national book tour. This initial three week book tour is about starting the momentum. And in order to do that, you must have a book tour. They are both inefficient and highly productive. Word of mouth is the key reason why people buy books, so you need to get folks there.

So right now, I'm setting up my tour. As you can see, there have been a few more dates added to my tour list. Since Friends With Benefits is my fiction debut, I'm going to combine my signings with signings of The Divine Nine. That allows three types of readers to come to a signing: those who know me, those who don't know me, and those who bought the Divine Nine and would like to read Friends With Benefits.

I have a few rules when signing. I don't do joint signings with other authors; I don't pay to sign at book club conferences; and I try to do a noon signing and an evening signings whenever possible.

My tour will be set by the end of the week. I still have to add my NY/NJ signings, and a few more local ones.

No comments: