Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Almost Done...

I'm almost done with my booksigning dates. I'm waiting on the Hue-Man Bookstore in Harlem for a date, but they have to see what date my frat brother, Andrew Young wants. So I wait until next week. I've been playing phone tag with Karibu, but I'll probably get that done tomorrow. In the meantime, I've started contacting members of the media about Friends With Benefits. One of the best things about having been a reporter is that is allows you to be a member of the National Association of Black Journalists. I have a lot of contacts in that organization, and they picked my second book, The Ways of Black Folks, as a Fall Must Read in 2004. Kensington is looking into whether they can provide a few more posters than they intended to print, and they're getting me postcards.

I finished my documentary proposal and shot that to MK. I'm still working on my non-fiction proposal. It took a while for me to come up with a title, but my agent gave me a dynamite suggestion and I'm taking it. Thanks Manie!

In the midst of all this, we're still moving. Boxes are all around, and we're starting to feel a bit lazy. But I need to get back going. I've got to change the services, and take some things to the Goodwill for donations. August is rolling by.

Okay, that's it for now.

No comments: