Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Almost Done with Phase One...

I'm almost fully booked with my book signings. I still have my Chicago, Delaware, Baltimore and one or two other New York signings. Once this is done, I will move on completely to phase two: Getting sponsors for each and every signing.

It is important to have sponsors for a signing, particularly since there are a thousand other things people can do than come to your booksigning on your particular night. So what I like to do is have a group sponsor my signing. It's sort of a win-win. I provide a free entertainment source for their social calendar, and they are able to provide readers for the signing. Combining that with media, book clubs, etc., you tend to get a nice turnout. Plus, I have fun at these types of signings because I usually know a lot of the sponsors. No author can sell books without having a base of very gracious and wonderful friends and acquaintances who will come out and support your book. From there, you can expand your readership and create a general buzz.

No comments: