Friday, April 14, 2006

The Yardie Story...

The one flaw in our 434 advanced screenwriting system is that we don't get a bunch of time to flesh out our stories and characters. We only have ten weeks to complete our scripts, so that means you can sometimes find yourself a bit stuck if you haven't plot everything correctly. Last week, we read our stories in class, and luckily, we ran out of time before getting to mine. My Yardies story was okay, but not at all what I wanted it to be. And reading it would have exposed how incomplete it was. But during my journey from Northern Michigan, I had a lot of time to flesh out the story to my satisfaction. It now makes complete sense. I wanted a different type of gangster story and I think I've done that. Now, I'm going to start writing character sketches for the characters.

No comments: