Thursday, September 29, 2005

Remembering Names...

I am horrible with names. I do my DAMNEDEST to remember the names of people, and I'm just terrible. But I think I've come up with a solution. I'm going to try to learn five names of my fellow film students each week, and then learn another five the next, until I can remember them all.

On the lit front, I have to finish my non-fiction book project proposal asap. I want to get my feet wet with film school, but that project needs to be shopped. I know where my bread is buttered. Karen at Kensington has my latest fiction manuscript, so a decision on that will come within October.

I'm going to lecture only a little bit this year. But I still have some to add to the schedule.

MK and I are going to start working on the doc, and he is helping me out by designing my website. Five years with books, adn never a website. That's terrible marketing from a cat who prides himself on marketing his books.

BTW, Friends With Benefits is doing nicely in the Amazon rankings. It is consistently staying under 50,000, and that's without a single interview having been done. I have a slew of interviews set up in the next month, so I hope to get it under 10,000 on a regular basis. If I can do that, then I think I will have created the momentum I need to get some good sales this year. Kensington sent me about 3000 FWB postcards, and I'll distribute them with the galleys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tell me about, i have rouble with the english names i tend to give names "by the look" , can't explain why , my landlord has 4 differents names now and she keeps reminding me her real name.

i am pretty much sure you do so.
er.. julian, aehm michel or was ist stephen.... no no james , okay ryan that's right huh ?