Monday, September 19, 2005

Bad Day Yesterday...Great Day Today...

I'm in the City of Brotherly Love and things turned up decidedly from yesterday. I had a VERY enjoyable booksigning at the University of Penn and got to see a bunch of folks I know. This is how a booksigning is supposed to go. A lesson I shall learn. Work with college bookstores.

Second. My son got a 100% on his spelling test, plus the bonus words. I am more hyped about that than anything. To date, he's not missed a single word since school has started. And since he's the biggest negotiator on earth, he has leveraged his scholastic achievement into a trip to Shakeys (his favorite) for pizza.

Third, I bought a Genos and Pats Philly cheesesteak and ate them both. I'm still trying to figure out which one I liked better. I think I liked the bread from Pats, but the onions and beef from Genos. Each could have used some black pepper on the beef. I think I declare it a tie.

Next stop: Hofstra.

2 comments:

Qusan said...

It's hard to find a good cheesesteak in San Jose but I've got a couple of spots. That is one sandwich that I can almost inhale. The Italian Subs are my second favorite and I can chow them down almost as fast.

If you go to Chicago, find a spot for an Italian Beef. If you like it messy, get it dipped. I never visit home without having at least one.

Lawrence said...

I LOVE Italian beef sandwiches, and now you're making me hungry. lol