Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday all ready?

Had a bunch of Iconoculture work to do this week, and more this weekend. I killed about twenty more pages for my 434 script, and I'm about thirty pages from finishing. But I have to put that aside to finish my book. This weekend, I'm going to get a hotel room and bang out some major work. I may have to do that a few times until the first week of January. That's when I said I'd get 'er done. Over the next couple of weeks, I'm going to retry to contact interview subjects who have been incredibly elusive. If I can't find them, then oh well, I'll move on.

So the priorities now are: Icono, the Book, my 434.

Got notes back about my USC script from Dave and as always, his points were on point. He said that it reads more like a cable script versus a Network script, and that my act breaks need to have POW! type action. Also, there's a lot of talk about actions versus the actions themselves. And I need to broaden where the action takes place. Right now, it all stays pretty much in one place. I agree. But then again, it's a first draft. After icono, the Book, and my 434, I'll deconstruct the script and rewrite it with those hard breaks. He'd sent me a couple of scripts to look over and I'll do that too. But it's definitely not ready for prime time yet.

Lectures: For some reason, for the first time in six years, my February is pretty bare when it comes to Divine Nine lectures. Folks are interested in booking March for some reason, but February is pretty empty. Normally, I'm booked about ten or fifteen times in Black History Month. But there's still time. We'll see.

The wife got a job this week and it's back in the industry. The time away was good for her because I think she was burned out on music companies getting bought out or dissolved under her feet. So I'm adjusting to the daily pickup of the kid, and getting back in the kitchen. My kitchen skills are a bit rusty, although I rolled a beautiful stuffed chicken breast last night (my version of Chicken Kiev: Garlic and Herb soft cheese, crabmeat, scallions, all stuffed into a chicken breast, and then covered with a light mushroom sauce. It's slap ya momma good.)

Oh, but this month is royalty month, and boy do I like that! So those checks were put in savings.

That's all for now...

1 comment:

David Anaxagoras said...

Just reading about that stuffed breast made me go slap my momma.

Dude, do you realize you only have two quarters of grad school left? Amazing. Finish your 434 script yet? Entering the showcase this year?