Thursday, July 10, 2008

Book proposal...

So earlier this year, I wrote a book proposal that didn't sell. It was a book about anti social sports fan behavior and like my agent thought, it landed like a thud on the desks of editors all over New York City. All in all, that proposal was a waste of time and it was a big mistake. There's a reason why you have an agent. Listen to what the hell they're saying. So...

I'm working on another proposal. This proposal deals with hip-hop and has been a topic that my agent has been urging me to write for the past two years. I resisted, mainly because after having been a managing editor of a hip-hop magazine, I was a bit burned out on the topic. But for some reason, the topic began to make sense. I could "see" the book. And as a result, I'm listening to my agent. We've gone through two different versions of the book proposal and I'm almost done with the third. Hopefully, this will satisfy my agent and he'll shop it next week.

Next...The endless saga of The Bestsellers.

No comments: