Saturday, September 23, 2006

Everything is set...

In about ten days, I'm going to start the most challenging year of my life. And the future is mighty bright. A book in copyedit, and another one due in December. I have two other manuscripts half way done, and I can afford to leisurely finish them. Lastly, the publisher wants me to update the Divine Nine. So on the book front, I'm set.

As for UCLA: I have my normal 434 script-o-rama, the Kevin Smith project, and the collaborative thesis script with the Starkie.

And for the Iconoculture, I have my observation and trend articles each week.

As Grady would say, Good Goobally Goo.

My mantra is to work efficiently, work constantly, and work intelligently. Focus. Focus. Focus.

This weekend, I'm going to post my proposed daily schedule. It's going to be a bit crazy, but as the year progresses and projects are finished, the load gets progressively lighter. I will have no free time for the foreseable future, but if you want success, you need to go for it. I hate people who get hung up on "coulda, shoulda, wouldas". Be like Nike and Just Do It.

2 comments:

Mystery Man said...

I completely agree! Good luck on your projects, man. That's very exciting!

-MM

tia said...

I hate the 'coulda, woulda, shouldas' too and I find procrastinators to be most maddening! Unfortunately the world is full of 'em. What's funny to me, though, is when they ask me how in the world I do everything I do and where do I find the time. That never fails to crack me up. As everybody in my family likes to say, "They ain't got it."

You're right about needing to go after success, but then too once I passed a certain point, I realized it was true, as they say, that my success has been the journey. If you achieve goals along the way, then you're successful, right? By most folks' standards, I achieved success long ago as did you. We're already successful, L. We're just striving for a greater level of success by our own super-high standards. ;)

I know if anybody can stay focused and continue to succeed, that would be you!