Sunday, September 07, 2008

Clutter...

We're in the process of moving and you never know how much crap you've bought until you have to pack it up. The same goes for writing. A few weeks ago, I started cleaning up old projects, while trying to prioritize the ones I want to concentrate on. One thing has been tripping me out. After film school, I have become LESS efficient with my writing. My brain is geared to ideas and I always have a bunch of them. But for some reason, nothing is getting done in the way I'm used to. I did concentrate on The Bestsellers from March 07 until a few weeks ago, so I have that. But I haven't been grinding like I used to. I'm going to have to think of new strategies. Now that I'm not at Icono anymore, or in grad school, I really don't have any excuses. I think some of this will be solved if my agent eventually sells my non fiction proposal. Writing non fiction is my joy. But I have a number of scripts that I want to finish or rewrite, but I need to know how The Bestsellers comes out first. I don't write as a hobby. I write to express myself and make money. So my writing priorities are put in a very distinct order. We'll see.

I'm about to head out to Virginia and North Carolina for a week long Divine Nine lecture tour. I really miss talking to students, so this will be fun. Plus, I love lecturing.

No comments: