Saturday, October 06, 2007

On a roll...

My son Langston is on a roll. He just got his progress report and everything is outstanding. From religion (no thanks to this lapsed Catholic) to math, he's knocking everything out. And he's also been excelling at his martial arts class. He goes three times a week and this is not some suburban style kids class. This is hardcore inner city martial arts and he's been putting in a great effort. He sparred today and fought some really great matches.

Okay, tonight I'll write a bit on my Black College Days novel. It's 1am and I'm tired, but I'll see if I can write about one thousand words. My chapters tend to be around 3000 words each (I don't know why, I think it goes back to when I wrote feature articles for Rap Sheet and those would be around 3K), so this will finish the first chapter.

1 comment:

tia said...

Good for Langston!! And congrats to the proud dad (and mom)!

Re: Unruly blog, I'm not writing in it until I finish the book or at least know exactly which "stories" I'm NOT including.

Don't have a public blog right now other than the one I'm *thinking* of writing on tiaross.com. Got some decisions to make there first.