Friday, October 20, 2006

Torture...

I think I'm trying to torture myself. Went to my 434 with my beats, but really, still didn't like the story. Trying to change one character to a man had kind of messed up my story. So I ditched that. But then, I started changing elements that didn't need to be changed. There's one storyline that needs to be ditched, and that came from comments in class. I agree. But I'd started cutting much deeper, creating a boring road story that was neither here nor there. So I'm going back to my original story, cutting out some back story, and then rewrite my beats. Hopefully that will work. Need to write ten pages by Tuesday, which will be the first ten pages of the script. Next week is week 4 and I need to get in gear.

1 comment:

tia said...

It's not torture you seek. It's perfection. If it doesn't meet your standards, out it goes! And there's not a durn thing wrong with that. But dang, you really know how to push yourself to the max, don't you!!