Wednesday, June 13, 2007

One down...

Showcase was last night, and I had a great time. It was nice to see my friend David Whelan get read on stage. Like all of my friends, he's a really cool and funny guy. As for the program itself, it wasn't as tight as I remembered it in the past. One, we had a nice turnout, but the place wasn't full, and I seem to remember it being full the past two years. There were some glitches with the video presentations. None of this was big, but they're things that I noticed. Anyway, a great time was had by all. Oh, and I got to talk to Felicia Henderson, the sister who exec prod. and wrote for Soul Food and a bunch of other shows. She's mad cool and has the career I'd like to emulate. I'm going to interview her for The Divine Nine update and hopefully get a word of advice about moving forward.

Speaking of that, I'm working on my paper right now. Hopefully, by the end of the night, I'll be done. After that, the only thing I have left to do is turn in a signature form, pick up my cap and gown, and wait for graduation on Friday.

My weekend will consist of me lying on my ass, watching high speed cars drive around in the 24 Hours of LeMans. Because you know that in my alternative life, I'm an international race car driver who speaks French, appears in movies for five minute cameos that are acclaimed as brilliant, all the while being the most lauded humanitarian in the world.

Or I'm just a writer with another deadline over the horizon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time visiting you site, luv it. I am from L.A. Inglewood is my old stomping grounds lol! What is really funny you and I have the same alternative life, I'm just the female version! lmao......

Julie Goes to Hollywood said...

My year it wasn't full. And I won't say exactly when, but sometime before they got to me (number four of the five) I detected a mass walk-out. Time for the chocolate martinis. Congratulations again. What an exciting time for you. Don't forget to give Felicia a big kiss for me. She reads my blog from time to time and should know about yours! All my best, JGTH